Afterworks offers a safe, caring afterschool environment for children ages 5-14 in Cambridge and surrounding areas. Our mission is to meet working parents’ urgent need for affordable afterschool programming while providing children with a supportive space in which they may learn and grow.
Afterworks creates a structured educational experience that complements and supports our students’ in-school learning time. We are committed to:
- Providing children with an environment rich in the arts, including music, drama, writing, and visual arts.
- Promoting inclusion and cross-cultural understanding through field trips, multicultural books, and ample opportunities for artistic expression.
- Fostering respect for each person’s cultural heritage and traditions. Our staff reflects the diversity of our students.
- Promoting academic excellence through one-to-one tutoring and literacy education.
- Maintaining small class sizes, a low staff-to-student ratio, and high teacher retention.
- Supporting working parents by providing children with high-quality, affordable afterschool care.
Afterworks also provides full-day child care during school vacation weeks and early release days. We are fully licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.
For more information, watch our video from Cambridge Community Television.