Afterworks offers a safe, caring afterschool environment for children ages 5-14 in Cambridge and surrounding areas. Our mission is to meet working parents’ urgent need for affordable afterschool programming while providing children with a supportive space in which they may learn and grow.
Afterworks creates a structured educational experience that complements and supports our students’ in-school learning time. We are committed to:
- Providing children with an environment rich in the arts, including music, drama, writing, and visual arts.
- Promoting inclusion and cross-cultural understanding through field trips, multicultural books, and ample opportunities for artistic expression.
- Fostering respect for each person’s cultural heritage and traditions. Our staff reflects the diversity of our students.
- Promoting academic excellence through one-to-one tutoring and literacy education.
- Maintaining small class sizes, a low staff-to-student ratio, and high teacher retention.
- Supporting working parents by providing children with high-quality, affordable afterschool care.
Afterworks also provides full-day child care during school vacation weeks, early release days, and Christmas break. We are fully licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.